Susan Renda has lived in the Village of Moreland Hills for 15 years. Prior to being elected mayor, she served on Village Council for seven years, including three years as Council President. She worked on six council committees, but concentrated her time on the finance committee. She also took a leadership role in initiating the village green space program.
Her goals for 2013 include:
- We will set up and fund an equipment replacement account. We have begun the discussion about how to fund capital projects without the assistance of state monies in the future. We will continue that discussion and the work associated with it.
- We will continue to develop our parks and open space by working to improve and maintain the Lang Property and Forest Ridge.
- We will work with the sewer district to correct problems in service and billing on behalf of our residents.
- We will advance our green initiatives and protect the serene settings our village is known for by finalizing the update of our zoning.
- We will continue to identify ways to better communicate with our residents, through our website, e-communications, and Facebook page. We will discuss implementing an updated, more effective replacement to Reverse 9-1-1.
- We will work with the Engineer to stretch infrastructure dollars for needed repairs and to make certain he has the funds to keep our roads safe.
- We will work with the Service Department to implement automated rubbish collection which will mimic what we now use for recycling pick-up. This will result in safer, cleaner and more efficient service for our residents.
- We will work with the Police department to finish their assessment of their strengths and needs. We will support them in their quest to improve their department.
- Councilwoman Cooper will chair a committee to update the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and create a master plan for the Village. This resident-based committee will work to insure that our village retains its character and that we honor its heritage.
- We will continue to discuss regional cooperation and shared services when it makes sense for us.
A Graduate of Kent State University, Susan earned a PhD in Audiology.
Susan and her husband, Mike, have been married for 30 years and have two grown children, Matthew and Emily.
Susan is a huge Cleveland Indians fan, an avid reader, and a member of a book group, and loves to travel.
Susan holds an “Open Door” drop in period on the first Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. should you have any questions or concerns you would like to discuss in person. Call 440.248.1188 to schedule an appointment, or email Mayor Renda at email@example.com.